Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Parmesan Mashed Cauliflower & Potatoes

Here's another veggie I successfully hid from myself and I really enjoyed the flavor combination.  The only way you can tell the cauliflower is hiding in there is by little sweet bursts.  










Parmesan Mashed Cauliflower & Potatoes


1/2 head of cauliflower, chopped
2 pounds of potatoes, peeled and diced
2 tbsp butter
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup Romano cheese, grated
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1/4 tsp smoked paprika
salt and freshly ground pepper to taste




Boil cauliflower and potatoes together until fork tender.  Drain, add butter and mash.  Add in milk and sour cream.  Sprinkle in cheeses and spices and it's ready.




As of today, I've accomplished my goal of posting a new recipe every day this month.  It felt good.  I may try again in August.

1 comment: