Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Chicken Alfredo

My Sunday night dinner delivered to you on Tuesday.  I made so many different things this weekend that I'm stretching them out for a couple days and tonight is a busy night with pickups from our CSA delivery.  I've always wanted to try making this on my own because jarred sauces are too thick and you can feel your arteries clogging (sorry to say but the same applies to most restaurants that I've ordered this at).



Chicken Alfredo

1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 cups milk
3/4 cup chicken broth
2 tbsp flour
dash red pepper flakes
1 tbsp parsley
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated (grate extra to serve on top)
1 pound chicken breasts, cubed and sautéed
3/4 cup peas (optional)

Remove sautéed chicken pieces from pan.  Heat olive oil and add in garlic and cook until softened.  Add in chicken broth and whisk in flour.  Allow to thicken and gradually add in milk.  Add in spices and chicken.  Stir in Parmesan cheese and peas.  Serve over your favorite pasta and top with some more Parmesan.

5 comments:

  1. I usually steer away from Alfredo sauces when dining out too. This sounds like a really good recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ellen! I was trying for something a little lighter and the red pepper flakes give it a nice little kick.

      Delete
  2. Something that I havent tried yet, wow seems like I have to now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh, wow that sounds so delicious!

    ReplyDelete