Monday, July 30, 2012

Cranberry Orange Zucchini Bread

I admit I'm somewhat of a child at heart and sometimes I even have to hide the veggies in food.  Thanks to my CSA, I've had to learn to experience all kinds of new veggies (I did pass on the kohlrabi) and zucchini is one of the veggies. 







Cranberry Orange Zucchini Bread




1 cup shredded zucchini
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 tbsp orange zest
juice from 1/2 an orange
1/2 tsp orange extract
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup Craisins (coated in flour)



Mix together sugar and buttermilk.  Add in zucchini, orange juice, zest and extract.  Gradually add in dry ingredients.  In a small bowl, put 2 tbsp of flour and Craisins and coat them.  This prevents them from sinking to the bottom - see picture above to know what happens if you skip this step.  :-)



4 comments:

  1. I'm so curious to the taste. I've never tried zucchini bread, but have been seeing it posted quite a bit lately. The crasins and orange juice makes this different from the rest. Very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Craisins were a last minute addition but I'm glad that I added them.

      Delete
  2. Must have smelled amazing in your kitchen when you baked this baby!

    ReplyDelete