Friday, July 6, 2012

Mexican Pizza

I realize that there is no such thing as an official Mexican pizza but I made a pizza using Mexican flavored toppings.  It's a rainy day and the cat dragged out all of his cat toys so I dragged out some of mine in the woman cave, namely the mixer with the dough hook.



Dough -

3 cups bread flour
2 1/4 tsp yeast
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp salt
1 1/4 cup warm water


Dissolve yeast in 1/4 cup warm water with 2 tbsp olive oil.  Let sit for 10 minutes until it foams.  In a large mixer bowl, combine flour and salt.  When the yeast his ready, gradually add into flour mixture while the mixer is on a medium speed.  Add in additional 1 cup water (watch the dough, you made need more or less than this amount. 

Turn out on a lightly floured surface and knead for 3 minutes.  Put back into the mixer bowl that has been coated with a light layer of olive oil.  Turn dough over so the ball is lightly coated, cover with a dish towel and allow to rise for 2 hours or until doubled.

When it has risen, cut in half.  I froze the 2nd ball.  Stretch out into oval form and pre-bake for 10 minutes at 325°.

Remove from oven and spread out refried beans.  Top with 1/2 pound of ground beef that is cooked with 1/4 cup of diced onions, salt, pepper and 1 tsp chili powder.  Drizzle 1/2 cup of your favorite salsa on top of ground beef and then top with 1 1/2 cups cheese (I used Monterey Jack).

Bake for another 10 minutes.

Here's the link for my recipe for Crockpot Refried Beans ~ http://micheleswomancave.blogspot.com/2012/05/crockpot-refried-beans.html

At least I cleaned up my toys but someone didn't pick up theirs...



3 comments:

  1. I have got to try to make my own pizza dough. This looks delicious for a Friday night dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Mexican Pizza and yes there is such a thing because you just created it!

    ReplyDelete