Sunday, July 29, 2012

Loaded Small Red Potatoes

It's a quiet Sunday in the neighborhood.  I had to retreat early back inside thanks to heat and humidity.  So what did I do?  I played with my food.  These were just going to accompany an Italian sausage but I discovered they were the only thing I was having when I found the sausage in the freezer instead of the refrigerator.








Loaded Small Red Potatoes


1# small red potatoes
1 cup shredded colby/monterey jack cheese
3 tbsp milk
3 tbsp sour cream
salt and freshly ground pepper to taste


(you could add ham, bacon or prosciutto)


Cook potatoes until tender.  Drain and allow to cool.  Cut potatoes in half.  I used a melon baller to scoop them out while leaving a little around all edges so the sides stay firm.


Put insides back in pan and mash with fork or potato masher.  Add in milk, sour cream and seasoning.  Stir in cheese and then then scoop out refill potatoes.


Bake at 350° for 20 minutes 

1 comment:

  1. These look great! You had just what you needed to perfect this recipe!

    ReplyDelete