Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Apple Chicken Sausage Hash

Also known as it's the middle of the week and I'm going to make an easy dinner.



Apple Sausage Hash

1/4 large onion finely chopped
1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
1 large Yukon Gold potato, peeled and cubed
2 apple chicken sausage links, sliced
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
paprika


In a large frying pan, add olive oil, onions and sweet potatoes. Add in diced potatoes after 10 minutes. Cook until tender and add in sausage.



I love using wood spoons and spatulas when I'm cooking.  They, however, do not fare well in my care.  Wood spoons and blenders don't mix well I've discovered.  Makes my friends laugh when I tell them how I demolish them and I get new ones for Christmas so it's not all bad...  This weeks victim was my wood spatula.  I got momentarily distracted and didn't realize I had set it close (too close) to the burner and on my glass top stove.  RIP my spatula...you served me well.

2 comments:

  1. The sausage hash looks and sounds great. By the way, I've had similar mishaps with my wooden spoons too. Thank goodness for Winners/HomeSense (TJ Maxx in the USA).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always went to Zellers there. Right now I'm an Amazon.com shopper with free two day shipping for Prime.

      Delete