Monday, July 2, 2012

Bacon Juicy Lucy Hamburger

As a former (and still in my heart) Minnesotan, I have heard about the legendary ownership rights to the title of the Juicy Lucy creation...cheeseburger with the cheese cooked inside the hamburger.  I needed sometime to fill the hamburger buns that I made so I decided to try it myself with the addition of bacon.  It worked out well and a good sign that your burger is done is when the cheese starts oozing out.

The start ~ I used 1/3# of hamburger, 1/2 a slice of cooked bacon and some colby/monterey jack marble cheese. 

Make 2 patties ~



Season one side with salt and pepper, place bacon and cheese in center of the other patty and cover with the first patty, sealing the edges well.  Grill to the doneness that you prefer and enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. My hubby and I have watched the Man vs Food episode with Juicy Lucys so many times I am sure we have it memorized! It's like my husband's guilty pleasure. I love you addition of bacon and so would Lucky the Dog!! Two paws up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now this is one awesome burger! YUM!

    ReplyDelete