Monday, July 16, 2012

Strawberry Bread

I'm getting overwhelmed by all the fresh and delicious fruits now.  I just love a plain dish of mixed fruit with a little sugar sprinkled on top but sometimes I feel the need to create this moist bread with one of my favorite fruits.





Strawberry Bread

1 stick of butter
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
6 oz plain Greek yogurt
1 3/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 cups strawberries, diced

Cream butter and sugar.  Add in eggs and yogurt.  Gradually add in dry ingredients.  Add in strawberries last. 

Bake for 1 hour at 350°.

I used a hand mixer so the strawberries were blended in and the bread turned a nice pink color.

6 comments:

  1. I think this strawberry bread would taste amazing. I've never seen one before, but I love strawberries so much that I have to make this... I must know the taste!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally feeling the Greek yogurt in this recipe. Good call on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Dawn. I've been using it a lot lately and really liking the moisture and a little tang it adds to recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im a stickler for all that butter, what other substitutes can be used to cut the fat in half. Looking Forward to making the deliousious bread.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can try using 6 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.

      Delete