Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Tangarine Sugar Scrub

I was in the mood to try something non-food related.  I used to have my own craft business, was in some shows and two craft malls out of state.  One item I made was soap and I happened to have some essential oils in my basement full of craft supplies.  This is so easy to make but the scrub makes a noticable difference after the first use and it smells good...win!




Tangarine Sugar Scrub

2 cups white sugar
1/2 cup sweet almond oil
15 drops tangarine essential oil (or your favorite scent)

Place all the ingredients in a medium sized bowl and stir the oil and scent into the sugar.  Put in a waterproof container so you can have it handy by your shower or in a decorative container for gift giving.

10 comments:

  1. This sounds excellent! I can't wait to try it. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy! I was walking all over last week barefoot and this really helped undo the damage I did...

      Delete
    2. Hello (again)! I'm stopping by to let you know I've nominated you for The Versatile Blogger Award. You can find more information at http://bit.ly/MimOXV. Congratulations! I love your website!!

      Delete
  2. I love homemade remedies. We all need to to scrub (legs, feet, arms, etc) Thanks for sharing this with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I can smell the citrusy goodness through the blog. Do you use just plane granulated sugar or something with a little more roughage?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used regular granulated sugar. I lent my lemon essential oil to a coworker today to make her own. I think I might mix some scents when I've used this one up for fun.

      Delete
  4. Oh do I need this! This sounds perfect for my dry skin. And the scent sounds heavenly :) Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday this week. I can't wait to see what you link up next. Have a great weekend.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope you have a wonderful weekend too :-)

      Delete