Sunday, July 1, 2012

Honey Wheat Hamburger Buns

I made a quick exception to turning the oven on this weekend as the outside temperatures are in the upper 90's for these buns to go with burgers off the grill.



Honey Wheat Hamburger Buns

1/2 cup whole wheat flour
2 cups bread flour
1/2 cup dry milk
1 tsp salt
2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast
3 tbsp honey
2 tbsp butter, melted and slightly cooled
1 cup warm water


Put all the ingredients into your bread machine or mixer. I put on dough setting, remove, roll in a tube and cut into 8 equal pieces.  Form dough into flat balls and allow to rise until doubled in size.  (I found outside was great to let the dough rise since it's so warm out and it's air conditioned inside).  Brush buns with butter after they have baked for 15 minutes and return to oven to finish baking.


Bake at 325° until golden brown.
  Makes 8.

2 comments:

  1. These sound great. I understand your need to put on the oven during this heat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been trying not to turn on my oven for the past week but caved in today. These look yummy! Will have to give them a try once it cools down

    ReplyDelete