Thursday, July 5, 2012

Blackberry Muffins

A much cooler morning with less humidity today which I took advantage of and made a quick batch of blackberry muffins.  The mellow hint of cinnamon leads you into the tart burst of the blackberries.  It is a nice way to start the morning.



                             Blackberry Muffins

   1/2 cup        butter, softened
   1 cup           sugar
   2 large         eggs
   2 cups          flour
   2 tsp             baking powder
   1/2 tsp          salt
   1/2 tsp          cinnamon
   3/4 cup         milk
   2 cups          blackberries (fresh or frozen)


Cream together butter and sugar in a medium sized bowl.  Add in eggs and
milk.  Mix together dry ingredients in a small bowl and gradually add into
butter mixture.  Gently fold in blackberries last and spoon into muffin cups
until they are 2/3 full.


Optional - sprinkle cinnamon and sugar on top after baking for 10
minutes.


Bake at 325° for 20 minutes.

Makes 22 muffins
                  

8 comments:

  1. I've never had a blackberry muffin. They look so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've used them in a lot of other ways and was happy with how they turned out in here.

      Delete
  2. Blackberry muffins! I've never tasted them before, but I'm surely going to try this recipe. Beautiful photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We dont get blackberry here, I m sure it is tasty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never seen blackberry muffins before, but yours looks wonderful!... Blackberries grow wild near by me. I think I may have to go berry picking :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm envious that you have them nearby. My plants didn't survive the winter. I'll try to plant them again next spring.

      Delete
  5. Blackberries are one of the best berries, but I don't find them that easily..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I buy them frozen since I haven't gotten any plants to survive yet. So far my two blueberry plants are looking healthy so hopefully next year I'll be having fresh blueberries.

      Delete