Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Easy sauce for chicken

I'm always looking for new ways to inject some flavor into chicken breasts.  And I will break down and use my oven when the heat index is in the 104°  temperature range and it's unbearable outside.




         
                           Easy sauce for chicken

                      Drippings from chicken
   1 cup           chicken broth
   1 tbsp          flour
   1 tbsp          Hoisin sauce
   1 tbsp          chili garlic sauce


Remove chicken from pan (I browned my chicken and then finished them off
in the oven in another pan).  Add chicken broth to dripping and whisk in
flour.  Mix in hoisen and chili garlic sauces and cook until thickened.
Spoon over chicken before serving.



4 comments:

  1. Nice sauce. Great way to avoid a dry chicken!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI - I like really this tangy sauce and i have all ingredients in my fridge already!
    I'm going easy on red meat so we are doing more chicken in our diet and having new sauce really helps! just made up an yogurt and lemon cilantro chuntney sauce last week - it was good!
    thank you for the invitation on food buzz :)

    Happy July 4!
    Lisa
    Cookng Sisters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your sauce sounds wonderful. Have a safe and happy 4th!

      Delete
  3. Mmm....spicy and simple! I like it.

    ReplyDelete