Friday, May 3, 2013

Grilled Angel Food Cake & Fruit

Yesterday's dessert send my mind into overdrive...or was it my sugar levels?  I knew I had leftover angel food cake and liked the toasting method.  The best part is that I have more fruit and jam combinations I can try with the remaining cake.







Grilled Angel Food Cake & Fruit

2 slices angel food cake, cut 1/2" thick
2 strawberries
1/2 tbsp cream cheese, softened
1/2 tbsp strawberry jam


Place one slice of the angel food cake in a frying pan.  Top with cream cheese, sliced strawberries.  Spread strawberry jam on the inside of the second piece of angel food cake and place face down on top of the strawberries.  Lightly toast each side.

My next angel food desserts will be using peaches and blackberries.

1 comment:

  1. What a fantastic idea, never have thought to grill angel food cake. Definitely will have to try :)

    Happy Blogging!
    Happy Valley Chow

    ReplyDelete