Monday, May 6, 2013

Cheddar Cracker Chicken Breasts

I discovered that Goldfish crackers work pretty well as a coating base for chicken. I was a little over zealous when it came to cleaning out my cupboards and the leftover flavored potato chips that I saved to chicken were tossed so the only thing left in my house was cheddar Goldfish. I crunched some really fine and left some chunky for a variation.






Cheddar Cracker Chicken Breasts

2 chicken breasts
1 cup crushed cheddar Goldfish crackers
1 large egg
1 tbsp milk
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper

Whisk together egg and milk in one soup bowl for the initial chicken dip. In a second bowl, place cracker crumbs and spices. Have a foil lined 9 x 13 pan next to the second bowl. In an assembly line, dip chicken in egg mixture, then in crumbs (both sides) and place in the pan. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! Definitely going to have to give this a try :)

    Happy Blogging!
    Happy Valley Chow

    ReplyDelete