Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Summer Reading

It's almost summer and I'm lining up what I'll be reading.  Please share if you have any suggestions on what I can add to my list ~ I love to read and look at cookbooks.


I bought this book in the used section of amazon.com and I'm really happy that I did.  A quick glance through and I was impressed.  I might buy more cookbooks from Jonathan Waxman.




This is another that I bought at the same time from a charity that was raising funds and it looks like an interesting read of what goes on behind the scenes in restaurants.  And Eric Ripert is always well spoken so it should be good.



An impulse buy, I picked up Alex Guarnaschelli's cookbook.  I did crack it open and I'm not feeling as many warm and fuzzy feelings as I did from Jonathan Waxman but I'll find lawn chair time and read more.



Now for fiction.  I love cooking and mysteries so the combination is almost always a win for me.  I say almost always because there are a lot of series out there.  I've read some and enjoyed them and others are only a good time killer.

This is the second book I've bought in the series by Lucy Burdette and I thought the first was well written so this went into my Kindle.



I don't have this yet but it is pre-ordered in hard cover.  I am a loyal Diane Mott Davidson fan and want a real book.  Her stories are always fun to read and I love her recipes.  It's going to be a long wait until August but it will be worth it.



No comments:

Post a Comment