Sunday, August 26, 2012

Strawberry Crisp

Even though I love fall, I'm trying to hang on to summer just a little bit longer.  My strawberry plants are still producing so they're trying to hang on too.





Strawberry Crisp

4 cups strawberries, hulled and quartered - fresh or frozen
3/4 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup quick cooking oats
1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1 stick of butter, softened


Grease a 9 x 9 cooking pan.  Spread out quartered strawberries in the pan.  In a medium sized bowl, mix together the dry ingredients and then cut in the butter with a pastry blender until crumbly.  Spread over top of the strawberries.  Bake at 350° for 45 minutes.  Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE crisps, sounds delicious! I will have to use brown sugar next time I make one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love a good fruit crisp! I don't blame you for wanting to hang on to summer. :)

    ReplyDelete