Sunday, August 19, 2012

Pumpkin Cookies

I love fall and I'm looking forward to it's arrival.  I was looking on Pinterest at fall crafts and suddenly remembered that I have a bunch of pumpkin that I froze last fall when hurricane Irene was supposed to cause a pumpkin shortage.  There is no shortage.  It's all in my freezer and I need to start using it.  I made these cookies with white chips.  I think I'll try cinnamon next time or a half white/half cinnamon mixture.





Pumpkin Cookies

1 stick butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup pumpkin
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 cup white or cinnamon chips

Cream softened butter and sugar.  Add in egg, vanilla and pumpkin.  Gradually mix in dry ingredients (I recommend using a hand mixer if you have one since this is a very dense dough).  Hand mix in chips.

Bake at 325° for 15 minutes.  Makes 4 1/2 dozen.


No comments:

Post a Comment