Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Cotija Corn & Bacon

I'm getting overwhelmed from my CSA.  I've already frozen corn three times and seeing another 10 ears didn't exactly have me jumping up and down with joy.  I was thinking today how to use some up and came up with a very tasty solution.



Cotija Corn & Bacon

3 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
6 ears of corn, shucked and kernels cut off the ears
1/8 cup Cotija cheese
2 tbsp butter
1 dash paprika
salt and freshly ground pepper to taste

Cook bacon in a medium frying pan.  Remove from pan and place on paper towels to remove the rendered fat.  I wiped the fat from the pan and put in the 2 tbsp of butter and the corn.  Cook over medium heat until corn is tender.  Add bacon back in and reheat.

Place in a serving bowl and top with the Cotija cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment