Thursday, August 16, 2012

Grilled Apple & Brie Sandwich

I've been thinking about this sandwich for over a week now and I'm happy that I finally got around to making it.  It can be a fun breakfast or snack.  I even tried it with a caramel dipping sauce and it tastes great that way too.






Grilled Apple & Brie Sandwich

Sliced bread - I used french bread
Softened butter
1 Granny Smith apple, cored & sliced
Dash cinnamon
Brie

Caramel sauce (optional)

Assemble just like a grilled cheese sandwich.  Butter the outside slices of bread and place one piece face down in a frying pan.  Add apple slices on top of the bread along with a dash of cinnamon.  Place slices of brie on top of the apple and top with a second piece of bread, butter side on top.  Grill until a nice golden brown, carefully flip and grill the second side.

2 comments: