Thursday, August 9, 2012

Au Gratin Potatoes in ramekins

I was happy at how easy these were to make and how well they turned out.  I have another fun new cheese that I like ~ Applewood smoked cheddar with paprika.  It was the perfect addition to these potatoes.





Au Gratin Potatoes in ramekins

4 medium red potatoes, peeled and diced
1/4 cup onions, minced
6 tbsp cream
1 1/2 cup Applewood smoked cheddar, shredded
salt and pepper to taste



Grease ramekins and put in a baking pan.  Put layer of potatoes down, then cover with onions, salt and pepper and then top with another layer of potatoes.  Add a tablespoon of cream to each dish.  Fill pan with 1" of water and cover with aluminum foil.  Bake for 1 hour at 350°.  Remove from oven, uncover and top each ramekin with 1/4" cheese of your choice.  Leave uncovered and return to oven until lightly browned.

2 comments:

  1. looks good! that cheese intrigues me-where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got it from my grocery store. Here's the link to their website - http://www.redapplecheese.com/index_as.html

      Delete