Friday, August 3, 2012

Baked Tomato & Garlic Bread

Friday finally...time to pamper myself with an easy dinner.  Luckily my CSA delivered some of the sweetest tomatoes that I've had in a long time and I put them to good use tonight.  This picture does not do it justice.  I tried to get enough light but I have a storm coming in.










Baked Tomato & Garlic Bread


French bread sliced 1/2" thick
Garlic Butter ~ see this post ~ http://micheleswomancave.blogspot.com/2012/07/garlic-cheese-bread.html
tomato sliced 1/4" thick
fresh oregano, minced
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
1/4 cup Romano cheese, freshly grated




Bake garlic bread for 5 minutes at 350°.  While baking, slice your tomato and grate cheese.  Mix cheese with oregano in a small bowl.  Remove from oven and top with tomato slices and sprinkle oregano/cheese mixture on top.  Return to oven for another 10 minutes.




Have a wonderful weekend ~

3 comments:

  1. I've got some fresh tomatoes from my garden. I so need to make this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have some spinach do you think i could use this instead of the tomatoes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I do. You could also try making a bread like this ~ http://micheleswomancave.blogspot.com/2011/05/artesian-cheese-is-ultimate.html

      Delete