Thursday, April 11, 2013

Tuscan Chicken Soup

This could also be called it's Thursday, there was a miserable, wet snowstorm, I had my picture taken at the DMV, there's snow boulders at the entrance to my driveway and what am I going to make for dinner soup.  OK, you'll have to trust me that my soup is a lot better than my post-work drama and simple to throw together with a lot of flavor.





Tuscan Chicken Soup

3 chicken breasts, braised and shredded into bite size pieces
3 cups chicken broth
2 cups cooked orecchiette pasta
1 cup crushed tomatoes
1 - 15oz can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
1 tbsp crushed Italian Seasonings
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
salt and freshly ground pepper to taste

Braise chicken.  While the chicken is cooking, heat broth and cannellini beans and cook the pasta.  Combine all together, with the tomatoes, into a large pot.  Add in Italian Seasonings, be sure to crush so all of the flavors come out, red pepper flakes, salt and freshly ground pepper.  

1 comment:

  1. Nothing like a nice big bowl of soup on a crappy day! Sounds delicious :)

    Happy Blogging!
    Happy Valley Chow

    ReplyDelete