Tuesday, April 16, 2013

French Dip Sandwiches

Cross another recipe off my recipe bucket list.  And what could be easier than putting a roast in the crock pot with liquids and spices to make it.  My special variation is to toast the inside of my bun and adding pepperjack cheese on top.  






French Dip Sandwich with au jus


1 - 3# roast - I chose a sirloin tip 
2 cups water
1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup onions, diced
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp rosemary
1/2 tsp thyme
1 bay leaf
salt and freshly ground pepper

Put roast in the crock pot and add in water and Worcestershire sauce.  Sprinkle spices on top of roast.  Cover and cook on low-medium for 4 hours.  Turn roast over and cook for another 4 hours.  Take meat out and shred or cut into small pieces.  Serve on a bun with the juice in a separate cup for dipping.

1 comment:

  1. I definitely want to give this a try! I love easy crock pot recipes and french dips are one of my favorite sandwiches!

    Happy Blogging!
    Happy Valley Chow

    ReplyDelete