Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Cream Cheese Corn

Cream Cheese Corn

If you like creamed corn (or if you're like me and don't), there's a good chance you'll like this combination. Every bite has a different taste - salt form the pancetta, spice from the green chilies and the velvety smoothness from the cream cheese. I especially liked it because it gave me a tasty way to use up corn from my CSA last summer. But it did made me wonder though why they no longer carry 3 oz packages of cream cheese. I miss them.





Cream Cheese Corn

2 cups frozen corn
1 1/2 oz pancetta, fried until lightly crisp
2 tbsp green chilies
4 oz cream cheese, cubed
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper

Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl and pour into a greased baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes.

1 comment: