Sunday, April 14, 2013

Fresh Fruit Bruschetta

This is what I had in mind when I made the cinnamon french bread yesterday.    It's good on it's own but lightly toasted with fresh fruit and a yogurt honey sauce takes it to a higher level of goodness.





Fresh Fruit Bruschetta

Cinnamon french bread, french bread of a baguette slice in 1/2" slices
1/4 c butter, softened

1 apple, peeled, cored and diced (I used a Granny Smith)
1/2 cup strawberries, diced (about 4 large)
1/2 cup raspberries
1/2 cup blackberries

1/2 cup greek yogurt
1/4 cup honey

Butter slices of bread and toast in a 350° for 15 minutes.  Remove from oven and let cool.

While toasting, cut up your fruit.  These are the fruits I chose.  I had grapes out too but the bowl was getting full and I opted to leave them for next time.

In a small bowl, combine the yogurt and honey.

Place cooled cinnamon toast on a plate.  Top with a couple tablespoons of fruit and drizzle the yogurt honey mixture over the fruit.

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea, never tried a fruit bruschetta before!

    Happy Blogging!
    Happy Valley Chow

    ReplyDelete