Monday, April 22, 2013

Chicken Tostadas

It's Monday and that means the adjustment of getting back into the work week and what to make for dinner.  Tonight I wanted to try something new and pre-made tostadas made it so simple to make a relaxing dinner.






Chicken Tostadas

Tostadas - crispy corn tortillas
1 cup refried beans ~ I used my recipe that I had previously made and froze
1 chicken breast, cooked and shredded
1 cup shredded colby and monterey jack cheese
1 diced tomato
fresh parsley
sour cream (optional)


Preheat oven to 350°. Spread refried beans on tostadas and top with chicken breast and cheese on a baking sheet in a single layer.  Bake at 350° for 5 minutes.  Remove from oven and top with tomatoes or salsa.  I also chose to put on fresh parsley and with a dap of sour cream.  Serve immediately.


Here is the recipe for my crock pot refried beans that freeze very well and it's nice to have in one cup servings ~

Crock pot refried beans

2 cups pinto beans
1/2 cup onion, peeled and chopped
2 dried chile chipotle
2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 tbsp cumin
1 cup V8 Juice
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

Rinse and clean pinto beans and soak overnight.  Put in crockpot on high with onions, garlic and chile chipotle on high.  Cook for 8 hours occasionally stirring and adding liquid as needed (the V8 juice and water).

When the beans are soft, mash and add cumin, salt and freshly ground pepper.

1 comment:

  1. Ooo those look terrific! I think I need to have a mexican night soon!

    Happy Blogging!
    Happy Valley Chow

    ReplyDelete