Thursday, April 25, 2013

Cheesy Potato Casserole

I've been known to bring a hash brown casserole to office potlucks frequently. They are easy to make and can sit in a crock pot for half a day with no problems.  I changed up the recipe just a bit for this since I have an overabundance of Greek yogurt in my refrigerator at the moment that I need to use up.  The yogurt gave it a nice tang that works well with the green chilies adding a little bite.







Cheesy Potato Casserole

3 cups Southern Style hash browns
1 cup Greek yogurt
2 tbsp green chilies
1/4 cup milk
1 cup shredded cheese (I used Colby & Monterey)
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper

In a medium bowl, mix together the yogurt chilies, milk, cheese, salt and pepper.  Fold in hash browns and stir until they are all covered.  Place in a greased 9 x 9 baking dish and bake at 350° for 45 minutes.

1 comment: