Saturday, April 6, 2013

Fish flour coating

I ate a lot of fish growing up in Minnesota.  I would ice fish and fish in the many lakes.  My favorites were walleye, crappies and sunnies.  I found some in the grocery store that looked good and it truly was worth it.  This recipe gives you a crispy outside crust while keeping the fish nice and tender.






Fish flour coating

1# fresh fish (I had walleye)
1 large egg
1/2 cup flour
1 tsp salt
freshly ground pepper optional

Whisk the egg lightly in one bowl.  In a second bowl, mix together flour and salt.  Dip fish first in the egg and then coat both sides in flour.  Place in a hot skillet with 2 tsp olive oil.  

2 comments:

  1. I haven't had walleye in forever! We used to go up to Lake Erie to catch walleye all the time. Nothing beats when it is fresh out of the lake. Looks fantastic!

    Happy Blogging!
    Happy Valley Chow

    ReplyDelete