Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Sweet & Sour Chicken

Egg does not want to stick to corn starch, however corn starch will stick to everything.  Or so I can see in my stove area that I needed to clean after my adventures in Chinese (although Americanized) cooking.  I refrained from taking a picture of my work area because it's one of those things I prefer to forget but it was worth it in the long run.  I added in Chili Garlic Sauce for a little kick.







Sweet & Sour Chicken

3 chicken breasts, cubed
salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
1 cup corn starch
2 large eggs, beaten
Peanut oil

In a large fry pan, heat peanut oil.  Salt & pepper chicken cubes, dip into the corn starch and then in the beaten egg mixture before lightly browning in fry pan.  Place cooked pieces in a 9 x 12 baking dish.

Sauce ~

3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup vinegar
1 tbsp chili garlic sauce
3 tbsp ketchup
1 tbsp soy sauce

Whisk together well and pour over chicken pieces.  Bake for 15 minutes at 350°, turn over in pan and bake for an additional 15 minutes.  Serve over rice.


1 comment:

  1. I love orange chicken, I will definitely have to try your recipe! Thanks for sharing :)

    Sincerely,
    Happy Valley Chow

    ReplyDelete