Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Spice Rubbed Crock Pot Chicken

Easy meals packed with lots of flavor are the best.  Relatively easy clean up makes it even better.  I have my can of smoked paprika always out on my work space because it's one of my favorite spices so it became the main ingredient for my spice rub.  This is a recipe that you coat the chicken, place it in the crock pot and walk away from until you're ready to eat.  It turned out really juicy and tender.






Spice Rubbed Crock Pot Chicken

4 chicken breasts, skin on, bone in
1 tbsp smoked paprika
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
5 tsp water

Rinse off chicken breasts.  Combine all of the spices in a small bowl, stir and add in water until it forms a spreadable paste.  Spread all over chicken breasts, top, bottom and a little under the skin and place the chicken breast in the crock pot.  Repeat until all are coated.  Place the cover on your crock pot, turn on medium heat and allow to cook for 4 hours.  I never opened it until the end when I checked the temperature to make sure they were cooked properly.  

3 comments:

  1. Love it! Sounds so good and simple! Thanks for sharing :)

    Sincerely,
    Happy Valley Chow

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks good. My wife and I have recently found that the crock pot can be used for more than just Pot Roast. We've used it for Pork Chops that were incredibly tender.
    This will be a nice addition. Crock pot recipes are great for cold winter days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! The pork chops look fantastic - I'll be trying your recipe soon.

    ReplyDelete