Thursday, January 31, 2013

Asian Meatballs

While people are heading to New Orleans for the Super Bowl, I'm here in the extremely frozen tundra (-7 was the high today).  I made these Asian meatballs tonight to get into the Super Bowl spirit.  And you get to see Fred.  Fred is my voodoo toothpick holder that I adore.




Asian Meatballs

2 pounds ground beef
1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup ricotta cheese
1/2 tsp onion powder
1 large egg
salt and freshly ground pepper to taste


Sauce

1 cup blackberry preserves
3/4 cup Hoisin sauce

Combine the meatball ingredients in a large bowl.  I found that mixing by hand is easier than trying to use a spoon.  Roll into 1" balls and place on a lightly greased jelly roll pan.  Bake at 325° for 45 minutes.  Place in a pan with heated sauce.  There's just enough sauce to coat the meatballs.


1 comment:

  1. I have made meatballs in forever, I think I will definitely have to make some now! Thanks for the inspiration :)

    Sincerely,
    Happy Valley Chow

    ReplyDelete