Monday, January 28, 2013

Caramel Snack Mix

So yesterday I had 3 apples in the refrigerator looking for a new home and I had a dehydrator sitting downstairs collecting dust so I paired them up and made just plain apple bits.  Well I couldn't just leave them that way (this is after I probably nibbled on a half apple)....







Caramel Snack Mix

8 cups popcorn
4 cups Crispix cereal
3 dehydrated apple bits (I cut mine in quarters before dehydrating)
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
4 cups miniature marshmallows


Combine popped popcorn, Crispix and apple bits in a large bowl.  In a smaller, microwaveable bowl, melt butter.  Combine melted butter with dark brown sugar and top with marshmallows.  Microwave for another minute or until marshmallows are softened.  Mix together well and pour over popcorn mixture.          
Combine well so everything in bowl is covered.  Store in a airtight container.

1 comment:

  1. Looks delicious and simple! I will definitely have to try, thanks for sharing :)

    Sincerely,
    Happy Valley Chow

    ReplyDelete