Saturday, January 19, 2013

Blueberry Lemon Muffins

I like new discoveries in the grocery store.  Blueberry infused Craisins might not be all that new but they were to me so I had to buy a bag.  That lead to oh I have this bag of Craisins and now what I am going to do with them.  I do enjoy the flavor combination of blueberries and lemon.  I first thought about making a cookie recipe but decided I had nothing planned for breakfast so it would be a coffee cake or muffins but having a lemon in the refrigerator tipped the scales towards muffins.






Blueberry Lemon Muffins

1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1/2 cup milk
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp lemon zest
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup blueberry Craisins

Cream together softened butter and sugar in a large bowl.  Add in eggs, milk and fresh lemon juice.  Gradually mix in dry ingredients and when combined gently fold in the blueberry Craisins.

I made large muffins ~ fill greased muffin cups 3/4 full.  Bake at 325° for 22 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. Looks fantastic, can you ship them so I can have them with my coffee in the morning??

    Sincerely,
    Happy Valley Chow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry but I'm a day late now. I hope you found something else for breakfast :)

      Delete