Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Parmesan Chicken Shells

Honestly it's not national chicken week...it just seems that way here.  I couldn't decide what groceries to get last week and nothing sounded good.  I knew my freezer was over crowded with chicken.  The good news is that it's not anymore.  The bonus of this recipe was I made exactly the right amount of shells to go with the stuffing.  







Parmesan Chicken Shells

20 large pasta shells cooked per package directions
2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
1 cup ricotta cheese
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1 large egg
1 1/2 tsp oregano
salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
pasta sauce - either red or alfredo

In a medium bowl, mix together all ingredients except the pasta shells.  Blend until well mixed.  Using a tablespoon scoop, fill and use to stuff each shell - it's a perfect fit.  Place in a greased 9 x 13 baking dish.  Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes at 350°.  Serve with heated pasta sauce and freshly grated Parmesan cheese.

1 comment:

  1. Mmm I love any form of stuffed shells, they were my favorite when I was little. Even eating just the frozen kind from a bag takes me back! Thanks for sharing, can't wait to try :)

    Sincerely,
    Happy Valley Chow

    ReplyDelete