Monday, January 21, 2013

Tuscan Sausage Soup

Mother Nature is being evil to the tundra (please note when it's this cold out, I no longer reside in the northern plains or valley - it is now the frozen tundra).  Not even climbing above 0 degrees Fahrenheit.  If it was Celsius, I would see my neighbors running around outside wearing shorts...it's freakin' cold.  Good time for soup because the odds are in favor of it being cold at work also so soup is a good lunchtime meal to bring.  






Tuscan Sausage Soup

1 1/2# mild Italian sausage, browned and grease removed on paper towels
6 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup carrots, diced
1 - 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
1 - 19 oz can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup Ditalini pasta
1 tsp parsley
1 bay leaf
Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste

You can make this in the crock pot or on top of the stove.  Cook Italian sausage in a large frying pan.  Be sure to drain off all of the grease on paper towels.  Combine all ingredients (except pasta) and cook until carrots are tender.  Add in pasta and cook until al dente.  

5 comments:

  1. Mmmm I love a good soup and this definitely looks goooood! Thanks for sharing :)

    Sincerely,
    Happy Valley Chow

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello, I love to follow your blog, hope you can read and follow my blog too
    http://dacyalisan.blogspot.com/
    regards
    Dacya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Tuscan sausage soup looks fantastic. I'd love to try this one NOW. Haha! It won't be a problem because I have all the ingredients on the fridge. I'm lucky, I guess. :D It's a great timing too since the weather here is a bit cloudy. It's a perfect meal to serve in that condition, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoyed the soup Alex! I love it too when I have all the ingredients I need on hand for a last minute meal. I hope your weather has improved.

      Delete