Monday, January 7, 2013

Raspberry Honey Wheat Rolls

I did make bread but in a cloverleaf bun form yesterday.  I traded in my usual plain honey for raspberry honey and made a raspberry honey butter to have with them.  The best part was playing basketball with the 1 1/2" dough balls into the muffin tins.  I wish I would have made every basket when I played on the high school girls basketball team like I did with these.





Raspberry Honey Wheat Rolls

1 cup warm water
1/4 cup raspberry honey
3 tsp active dry yeast
1 large egg
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 tsp salt
2 cups bread flour
1 cup wheat flour
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil

Combine raspberry honey and warm water and stir until honey has dissolved.  Add in yeast and let sit for 10 minutes.  In the meantime, combine the flours and salt in a medium sized bowl.  In a large bowl, mix the slightly cooled melted butter and egg.  Add in the yeast after the 10 minutes and stir.  Gradually add in the flours and salt mixture.  Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 5 minutes.  Pour olive oil into the bottom of the large bowl and roll the dough ball in it.  Cover and let sit in a warm place for 1 hour or until doubled in size.  Grease your muffin tins (I used large ones) and place 3 - 1" dough balls in each.  Allow to rise again.  Bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and brush some raspberry butter on top.


Raspberry Butter

1/4 cup butter, softened
1 tbsp raspberry honey

2 comments:

  1. Wow I never would have thought of putting raspberry in honey wheat rolls, sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing :)

    Sincerely,
    Happy Valley Chow

    ReplyDelete