Monday, September 30, 2013

Fusion Chicken

fu·sion

noun, often attributive \ˈfyü-zhən
: a combination or mixture of things

That describes the mixture that I put together for chicken recipe in the crockpot.  I made this years ago and was looking through my old recipes from before I started blogging and wanted to make it again.  The name is a description of how I was pulling bottles out of my refrigerator and mixing them together with herbs.





Fusion Chicken

3 or 4 boneless chicken breasts
1 cup ketchup
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 cup salsa
2 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp parsley
1 tsp oregano

Place chicken in the bottom of your crock pot.  Mix the remainder of the ingredients in a bowl and pour over the chicken.  Cover and cook on low for 5 hours.  Gently shred the chicken with two forks and stir.  Place on lightly toasted buns.

No comments:

Post a Comment