Saturday, September 21, 2013

Breakfast Maple Sweet Potatoes

I enjoy quirky breakfasts and I put today's breakfast into that category since most people wouldn't consider having a sweet potato in the morning.  I plan or at least have an idea of what recipes I want to experiment with on weekends except this one.  I wanted something that would be easy to prepare since I'm also watching ESPN's Game Day since my town is featured today.  





Breakfast Maple Sweet Potatoes

2 good sized sweet potatoes
2-3 slices maple bacon, cooked and crumbled

Maple Crumble ~

1/4 cup rolled oats
2 tbsp cashews, chopped
2 tbsp maple syrup (don't skimp, get the good stuff)
Pinch of salt

Fork prick the sweet potatoes, wrap in foil and bake for 1 hour at 350°.  While they are baking, cook and crumble the bacon and make your maple crumble.  In a small bowl, (I used a metal one so I could place it in the oven and not dirty another dish), combine all the ingredients.  Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.  When potatoes are done, remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes.  Slice open, mash slightly with a fork and add the bacon and crumble on top.  Breakfast is served.

No comments:

Post a Comment