Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Orange Zucchini Bread

I keep getting custody of the zucchini in the CSA basket that I share with my friend.  I made another bread since I have some zucchini frozen and it seems to go fast at work.







Orange Zucchini Bread

1 cup zucchini, peeled and shredded
2 cups flour
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
2 large eggs
1/3 cup canola oil
1 tsp orange zest
1/3 cup orange juice, I used fresh squeezed

Icing

1 cup powdered sugar
orange juice, fresh squeezed.  Add just enough to have an icing that can pour over the bread

Combine the dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl.  Add in egg, oil and juice and mix well.  Fold in zucchini.  Bake for 55 minutes at 325°.  Remove from bread pan and cool on a rack.  Top with icing when cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment