Wednesday, October 24, 2012

One Hour Bread

The best smell is that of bread baking.  In fact, it was so good that just this became my dinner ~ hot bread with butter melting into it.  And this is such an easy recipe that I could make these very often.





One Hour Bread

3 cups flour
1 tbsp bread machine yeast
1 tbsp sugar
1/2 tbsp Kosher salt
1 cup warm water
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp corn meal (for pan)

In a large bowl, whisk together flour, yeast, sugar and salt.  Pour in warm water and olive oil and mix by hand.  Knead for 5 minutes in the bowl.  You can almost feel it rising in your hands while kneading.  Cover and place in a warm place for 20 minutes.  Preheat the oven and baking stone to 350°.  When heated, remove stone and spread out corn meal before you place the dough in the middle.  Make 2 cuts 1/2" deep in the dough with a bread knife and return to oven for 45 minutes.


4 comments:

  1. There is nothing like the smell, taste, and feel of freshly baked bread. Can I have a slice? With butter please :-) hmmmm

    Great blog. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is such a quick and gorgeous-looking bread! I'd love a slice! Something about this weather seems conducive to making bread- I made a huge oat saffron loaf the other day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that the weather is perfect for baking bread. I saw your oat saffron loaf and it looks wonderful. I can't wait to try baking some.

      Delete