Friday, October 12, 2012

Caramel Pear Crisp

I love the combination of caramel sauce and pears.  I must since this is my third recipe combining the two.  This idea actually came from an email from someone I know who sells candles and one of their scents was Caramel Pear Crisp.  I didn't buy the product but I made my own wonderful fragrance that came from the oven.




Caramel Pear Crisp

3 pears, peeled and sliced
24 caramels
2 tbsp milk
1/3 cup quick cooking oats
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp flour
3 tbsp butter
1/4 tsp cinnamon

Slice pears into a greased 8 x 8 or 10 x 6 pan.  In a microwave safe bowl, melt caramels and milk on high for one minute.  Remove from microwave and stir until completely combined and then pour over the pears.  In a small bowl, combine oats, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and butter with a fork until crumbly.  Bake at 350° for 40 minutes.  Let rest for 10 minutes before serving. Top with whipped topping or ice cream if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment