Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Creamy Chicken Vegetable Soup

It's been raining all day and I'm glad that I had planned on making soup to go along with the Parmesan biscotti I made yesterday.  If I had added more flour, this would be filling for my chicken pot pie recipe...so it's definitely a comfort soup recipe.







Creamy Chicken Vegetable Soup

1 pound chicken, cubed and cooked 
2 tbsp flour
2  cups chicken broth 
2 1/2 cups milk
1 tsp celery flakes
3 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
1 cup carrots, peeled and diced
1 cup green beans
1/2 cup corn
1/2 cup peas
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste

Cook chicken in 2 tbsp olive oil at bottom of a dutch oven.  When cooked, stir in flour and stir in chicken broth.  Add in milk and vegetables and cook over medium heat until potatoes and carrots are fork tender.