Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Creamy Chicken Vegetable Soup

It's been raining all day and I'm glad that I had planned on making soup to go along with the Parmesan biscotti I made yesterday.  If I had added more flour, this would be filling for my chicken pot pie recipe...so it's definitely a comfort soup recipe.







Creamy Chicken Vegetable Soup

1 pound chicken, cubed and cooked 
2 tbsp flour
2  cups chicken broth 
2 1/2 cups milk
1 tsp celery flakes
3 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
1 cup carrots, peeled and diced
1 cup green beans
1/2 cup corn
1/2 cup peas
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste

Cook chicken in 2 tbsp olive oil at bottom of a dutch oven.  When cooked, stir in flour and stir in chicken broth.  Add in milk and vegetables and cook over medium heat until potatoes and carrots are fork tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment