Saturday, October 27, 2012

Pumpkin Toffee Bars

My decorating pumpkin is sitting in my livingroom intact since I haven't decided what kind of face to carve yet but I did tap my supply of frozen pumpkin to make this dessert today.







Pumpkin Toffee Bars

1 1/2 cups pumpkin
3 large eggs
3/4 cup yogurt
2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups whipped cream or Cool Whip
1/2 cup toffee bits

Mix together pumpkin, eggs, yogurt and vanilla.  Stir in sugars.  Mix in remainder of dry ingredients.  Pour batter into a greased 9 x 13 pan.  Bake at 350° for 30 minutes.  Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.  When cool, frost with whipped cream and sprinkle toffee bits on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment