Sunday, October 30, 2011

Spice Cupcakes

I made a treat today for one of my friends that will be moving away soon.  
 



Spice Cupcakes

1 cup butter, softened
2 cups dark brown sugar, packed
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup buttermilk
3 large eggs
2 1/2 cups flour
1/4 cup corn starch
4 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp cloves
1/4 tsp  allspice

Cream butter and sugar.  Add in buttermilk, eggs and vanilla.  Mix dry ingredients in a small bowl and gradually add into butter mixture.

Servings: 15

Bake for 20 minutes at 325°F

You can make this as a cake or in regular size cupcakes.  I chose to do the jumbo cupcakes this time.  I frosted them with a standard cream cheese icing.

Cream Cheese Icing

3 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups powdered sugar

Mix all ingredients together until smooth.

1 comment:

  1. Allspice.. that's the only thing that I have no idea about :) But worth looking into it, I love cupcakes :)

    ReplyDelete