Sunday, October 9, 2011

Pear Crumble

I wanted to create a small dessert to use up some pears that I have on hand.  It turned out my pears were so large that I only could use one in my one quart casserole.



Pear Crumble

1 large pear, peeled, cored, and diced
1 tsp lemon juice
3 tbsp brown sugar firmly packed
4 tbsp rolled oats
3 tbsp flour
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 dash ginger
1 dash nutmeg
2 tbsp butter, softened
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 dash cinnamon

Grease a 1 quart casserole.  Peel, slice and dice one large pear or 2 medium into the casserole.  Mix lemon juice into pears.  In a small bowl, combine 3 tbsp brown sugar, oats, flour, 1/4 tsp cinnamon and ginger and nutmeg.  Stir into pears.

Mix together butter, 2 tbsp brown sugar and the dash of cinnamon.  Dot top of pear mixture in casserole.

Servings: 2


Bake for 30 minutes at 325°F

No comments:

Post a Comment