Sunday, October 23, 2011

Chicken Wild Rice Soup

It turned out to be a beautiful day after the early morning rain moved on.  I've bought mixes for this soup and I thought it was about time I made it from scratch.  The next time I'll be using my Thanksgiving turkey leftovers with this recipe.  You can use a stalk of celery in place of the celery flakes.  I'm not a celery eater but I do like to have some of the flavoring so flakes are the perfect substitute for me.



Chicken Wild Rice Soup

2 cups chicken broth
2 cups  Half and Half cream
2 cups chicken breasts, cooked and cut into small pieces
3 cups wild and long grain rice cooked according to package directions
1 cup carrots peeled and diced
1 tbsp celery flakes
1/2 tsp pepper or to taste
salt to taste
4 dashes hot sauce

Cook rice per package directions.  Braise chicken breasts and cut into small pieces when cool enough to touch.  Heat broth and milk and gradually add in remaining ingredients.

Heat until carrots are cooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment