Sunday, May 1, 2011

Sunday morning breakfast muffins

I just discovered hot Italian sausage a few years ago and have been creating recipes to use it whenever I can.  Since the weather is keeping me indoors once again, I put Stones Voodoo Lounge in my cd player and mixed up a batch of these ~

Italian Sausage & Cheese Muffins

1/2 pound hot Italian sausage, browned and excess fat drained off
2 cups flour
2 tbsp sugar
3 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp parsley
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup butter melted
1 cup milk
1 large egg slightly beaten
3/4 cup cheddar cheese shredded

1. Mix together dry ingredients.  Gradually add in milk, butter and egg.  Add in cooled Italian sausage and cheese.

2. Grease standard or large muffin pans and fill each cup 2/3 cup.





3. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from cups.


Servings: 12


Oven Temperature: 350°F 


Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.




4 comments:

  1. Italian Sausage in cheese muffins, very cool! And the Stones' Voodoo Lounge, awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this!! Muffins are my favorite thing to bake after all; and now you've given me a savory one to have for breakfast without feeling guilty :D woohoo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks yummm... definitely going to try this.

    ReplyDelete