Monday, May 30, 2011

A nice way to end the long weekend

We went from having our furnaces on overnight to possibly needing to turn the ac units on with a pending tornado watch.  Since I was awakened by a storm at 5:30 complete with hail, I cooked swiss steak in the crock pot just to be on the safe side with the weather.  I concocted a new veggie side dish to accompany it ~



Green beans with pears & bacon

10 oz green beans, cooked, drained
2-3 slices bacon, diced, cooked
1 large D'Anjou pear, peeled, sliced
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp raspberry vinegar
salt and pepper to taste

Cook green beans (the microwave in the bag ones work and taste great).  Cook bacon slices.  I like to cut them up before cooking into small slices.  I also put in an additional slice because I like to nibble.

In bottom of large sautè pan, melt butter and add brown sugar and raspberry vinegar.  Add in slices of pears and cook about halfway so they maintain some crispness.

Add in green beans and bacon until warm and then season to taste.

Servings: 6

1 comment:

  1. Simple but yet delicious! Thanks for sharing this recipe with us...

    ReplyDelete