Sunday, May 29, 2011

I love long weekends ~

Don't misunderstand, I truly love my job but long weekends rock.  I've gotten my project list completed and I've had time to create in the cave and have another day to go.

Tonight I grilled a filet mignon and had this tomato dish as a side ~


It is one tomato, peeled and sliced in 1/4" slices.  A light splash of extra virgin olive oil on top with a dash of salt.  Then I added some slivers of Kammerude cheese which is a delightful garlic & basil gouda.  I zapped it for 20 seconds and added a cooked & crumbled slice of bacon and some fresh chopped oregano.
 
Now it's time to relax with my new favorite adult beverage ~ my version of a mimosa Michele style.  Orange juice is not my friend so I made 2 substitutions...not bad on a 2 ingredient drink.  I used an Italian raspberry sparkletini spumante and mixed it with peach juice.  Very refreshing and relaxing.

No comments:

Post a Comment