Saturday, May 7, 2011

Another beautiful day

And I hope the weather forecasters are wrong and it won't rain for the next 4 days.  To celebrate the sunshine, I did plant 2 blueberry plants and some seeds for watermelon, squash and sunflowers.  We'll see if I should stick to herbs.  I also grilled some ribs for a short while.  I had started them in the crock pot this morning.

The seasonings in this recipe are enough for 2 pounds of ribs.  Adjust accordingly.

6 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp black pepper freshly ground
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp oregano
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup raspberry vinegar
2 pounds ribs, cut into individual ribs (I kept them in 4-6 rib portions this time)

1. Mix all the spices in a large zipper bag.  Add in ribs and shake.  Let sit for at least an hour to overnight.

2. Place ribs in a crock pot on high heat for 1 hour.

3. Mix together honey and raspberry vinegar in a saucepan and heat until runny.  Pour over ribs and turn down heat to low for at least 2 hours.


Here's what they looked like out on the grill ~

No comments:

Post a Comment